Tuesday, November 15, 2011

My Terrifying Encounter with the Biebs

You know you love me.
I know you care.
Just shout whenever,
And I'll be there.
You want my love.
You want my heart.
And we will never ever ever be apart.

I know what you're thinking. "Really Kate? Justin Bieber? That's just offensive to every sense!"
And I agree. Please don't hate me. Or judge me. I guess I should get to the point of the story.

Well, Gaby, Angela and I were in a year 6 class, and they're studying Shrek. To further this, and improve their dictation abilities, the class were listening to 'Firework' by Katy Perry. Now I love that song, so once all the kids had filled in the blanks, the teacher said "let's all sing through it together!". S us girls and the teacher started and the class followed. Here, Angela leans over to the teacher, and says "Kate's a singer, you should get her to sing for the class!". So, once we finished Katy Perry, miss marry told the class "Kate is a professional singer, and she's going to sing for you all!"

Now I don't like to admit this, but as a joke, I said "how about I sing baby!". And well, that idea stuck. So next things I know, I'm in front of the whole class, with 'Baby' playing, and I sing along. The class enjoyed it and they even joined in for the choruses. This is humiliating, and I can't believe I'm putting this on the internet forever, but I knew every word, and when I started perfectly reciting the rap in the middle, I knew that starting tomorrow, I needed a life.

And that is my story.

I didn't have an appropriate photo of this unspeakable event, so I had to resort to my creativity and make one. Enjoy.

PS. I keep making goat noises.


I should do art

1 comment:

Ange el Anima said...

you're a freak, and i love you :) but the unfair thing about this is that you still sounded amazing, even when you're singing jb! xox